well, actually i haven't slacked today, especially after 3 shots of espresso at the BEST COFFEE SHOP EVER: intelligentsia.
but i have blogilly slacked. i was supposed to do five nifty thrifty posts this week, a very cool idea from casey at elegant musings, but i slacked. so in order to atone for said slacking, here in one fell swoop are my SEVEN thrifty finds! egads!
they are, in order:
1.a little red metal stool from wertz antiques in santa monica
2. my tree frog painting from a yard sale i stopped at after dance class one shiny sunday morning
3. little wooden birdie from the lovely ladies at the council for jewish women thrift shop
4. measuring cups that i NEVER use to measure ANYTHING, found at a surreal garage sale by a pool...
5. fabulous thread holder that used to actually be a printing house type-letter holder, also garage sale
6. chair (green like my CAOK one!) bought at a house sale through craigslist from a danish couple moving to paris
7. iron heavy enough to kill a small bear, but which does not hold water. do i care? no! estate sale.
if you know me you know that i am very fond of announcing the price of anything i am complimented on in lieu of actually saying "thank you". i have even been known to shout out the price, no previous compliments necessary. i thought this time it might be fun for YOU to guess the price (like, all 6 of you, but who's counting?) the person that comes closest to the actual total paid for all 7 items will win a thrifty prize! so guess away... winner announced, oh, i don't know, let's say friday.
i'm off to eat some burmese food :)